Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Can't Sleep

I can't sleep.  I have a cold. (sniff, sniff)  Oh, I've tried.  I've layed in there for two hours trying to suppress my cough so I could get to sleep and not bother Steve.  But you know how it goes, the more you try to stop coughing; the more you cough.  Then Gloria was snoring to beat the band and I rolled over and Fred's paw was in my face.  His back paw.  And..........where there's a back paw, there's a butt.   So, I gently folded the blankets over his little tush (I wanted to say lard a#@ but thought, nah.)  Well, then I started to get itchy.  You know how you get one little itch and then the next thing ya know your itchy everywhere and that's all you can think about.  When your sick and  menopausal to boot , you can't shut your brain off and you think of all sorts of things while you lay there.  For some reason I thought of this.


It's a picture that Becki from AutumnBlazeBassets took of Freddie sticking his tongue out when he was little.

So, I got up. Got my computer turned on thinking I'd have some quiet time (besides the hacking and coughing).  Then the hounds got up.  'Cause they won't stay in bed without their Momma.(awwwe!)  Then they had to go out and do their business.  Then because ole Freddie had a giant poop, he was all fired up and wanted Gloria to play.  She said no.  So now he is under the coffee table ripping apart a kleenex he stole from the box on my nightstand.  Me being tired, sick, menopausal and itchy; I just looked at him and said, "You go Freddie!"  So now here we are, the three of us.  Fred ticked off that know one will play, going nuts on a kleenex, Gloria, now snoring on her bed beside the couch and me coughing and itching, trying to drink a warm cup of tea while having a huge hotflash!  And that folks is what goes on at our house at 1:13 a.m.

And yes, Freddie is still sticking out his tongue!



Well, at least Stevie is getting some sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goshiessss... Fred.. you were an ADORABLE puppy!!! Just had to tell you that. ;)

    Woofs & hugs, <3

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...